Monday 1 June 2009

So what does this all mean then?

I'm really puzzled. I've been continuing monitoring my weight at home and today I weighed in at 11st 9lb (74.2kg) and 22.5% body fat. So thats down 1.3% in 4 weeks and I have lost 2kg (4.5lb) of body fat based on those measurements. Not great shakes but still heading in the right direction

However, as I was starting a new program (TT 2k9) I again took the opportunity of getting measured on the TANITA monitor.

This time it says 11st 11lb 18.6% body fat (equating to 2st 2.8lb), and according to that, I apparently I have gained 1lb of fat. Also my 3lb weight loss appears to be 3lb of water plus 1lb muscle minus the 1lb addition of fat. How is this possible?

I don't know whether this offers any explanation, but I have started another creatine loading cycle (started Fri), and the weather over here in the UK has been exceptionally hot which would give some explanation of the water loss, but the last 2 points are totally the opposite of what I want to achieve. In any event I thought that creatine was supposed to draw water into your dry muscle mass, so surely it would have been reasonable to expect my muscle mass to stay the same, if not increase?

I've not been monitoring my calories but have stuck with the East Stop Eat program with 2 24hr fasts per week and limiting my alcohol consumption, and doing some non-interval cardio for 30-40 mins twice a week on off days. I abandoned a fast on Saturday evening to take advantage of the warm weather and started another fast after lunch. I must admit I don't think I ate a lot on Sunday and I felt quite light headed all today. I hope this little blip doesn't mean I'm starting to go catabolic. I think it best that I abandon ESE for this week and see what results I get next week.

I'm also thinking about whether it is the right time to also abandon fat loss, and start building muscle to reduce my fat %age. I don't know I'm getting confused. I think it best I stick with this tt 2k9 program til I complete the chart in 3w time and review it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment