Tuesday 16 June 2009

Yesterday's weigh in and changes to my training schedule

Its been a good couple of weeks since I posted an entry so thought I would do so tonight.

I didnt post last week's weigh in result which was 77.3kg/23.3% bf. yesterday morning's reading was 77.4kg and 23.7%. Last weeks fat % increase was a bit dissappointing but I can live with it.

I have finally managed to secure myself a job which started last week, which now means I cannot workout on a Friday morning (afterall, getting Lydi to nursery is the priority and I can train on a Saturday, either at home or the gym).

I am therefore tinkering about with my schedule. last week was Mon, Wed, Sat. This week will be Tues, Thurs, Sat. On Sunday I went in for a legs and abs day where I did barbell lifts to exhaustion and seated leg presses. I was quite happy with my results as I managed an 8 rep set at 79kg for deadlifts, and a 10 rep set on the leg press at 170kg. Plus I could really feel my heart rate pumping after both. I did one of my 4 exercise ab circuits (3 circuits) comprising renegade row/push up combo with 18kg DBs, leg raises, side plank + lateral raise combo and straight leg ball pass. I really enjoy doing abs circuits like these as they only take a few minutes per circuit to do and really tone the core.

There is now only 6 weeks of the TT challenge remaining. I must admit I have been far from strict with my diet in terms of alcohol. Plus my new job is working for the logistics part of a dairy company, who make chilled products for cadburys, so there has been some chocolate temptation.

That said I have managed to keep on track nutritionally by eating whole foods as recommended by my gurus CB and VDM, and will continue to do so.

I am finding it difficult not doing cardio, but then again, I am now a bit more wary of time, so that is not really too much of an issue.

I will close the post for now. I will get a TANITA reading done when my program is due for change again on June 29. Will keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment