Wednesday 3 June 2009

Eating for mass is hard!!!

Given my change in direction and doing the mass building program instead of fat loss, I am finding it hard to keep my calories up.

Furthermore, I am not sure what is best to do to maintain my physical conditioning. On the mass building program CB suggests (in fact, insists) on no cardio or intervals. VDM however suggests to minimize fat gain, do some low intensity cardio immediately after your resistance program or do intervals 2 to 3 times a week. However to gain muscle you need to be in a calorie surplus.

Oh its so confusing.

I have really leaned down over the last 3 months, and my muscle tone and definition is so much better since I discovered TT. However, I am still quite skinny in certain areas, such as my biceps and my shoulders are still very weak. My legs are strong tho and I have rediscovered swimming again!!!

Does anyone have ideas how to eat the calories so my muscles can develop, yet keep the fat off? Please remember that I am still a skinny "fat but not so fat as I was" guy, and I do put fat mass on quite quickly!!!

All comments are appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment