Monday 18 May 2009

Weigh in results, and some advice I should have listened to.

Well here it is and the results are 76.9kg (no change) and 23.2% body fat (0.1% increase which is negligible). The reason for no change is too much alcohol last week, and the big food binge that followed on Saturday evening! That despite 2 24 hour fasts.

It's not usual that I put something on here that is not related to Tubulence Training or Eat Stop Eat or to promote someone else's programs, but I got this email on subscription from Vince Delmonte (whose No nonsense muscle building program I also promote) on Wednesday and really should have taken his advice! I think it just about sums it up really.



In any event, I have had a re-think on my fasting strategy and by habit, I usually drink on Wednesday and Saturday nights. So it therefore seems sensible that I move my strategic 24 hour fasts from Mon/Tue and Thurs/Fri to Wed/Thurs and Sat/Sun, especially as Thursdays and Sundays are scheduled active rest days. I've already overcome the psychological barrier of not eating, so if I tie in not eating and not consuming alcohol, I should crack the habit that I have found impossible to break. Agree?!!!

Unfortunately I came up with this great brainwave about half an hour ago after starting today's fast at 1:30pm!!! So, I will continue with this one until it ends tomorrow lunch time, and do the next one over the bank holiday weekend, commencing the Wednesday & Saturday pattern in full from next week.

Going back to the TT 2k8 workouts (Workout A for a monday) I got through this pretty well. I did some guilty cardio in the form of the body attack class at the gym (I must admit I hadn't dont that for over 10 days so it was an enjoyable class even though I didn't push it as hard as I would on a Saturday evening). Set a new record for the close grip decline pushups at 23 reps for the final set. I used 16kg DBs for the DB deep step up that preceeds it as well so I am definitely improving strength wise. I just have to become disciplined and not drink any beer or wine until my birthday on June 4 and keep burning fat and building strength.

Anyway that wraps up this week's update.

Keep working hard to those who are in the contest.

Neil

4 comments:

  1. Neil, just having a look at your blog. do i read correctly that you want to lose 41 pounds? you look pretty good already do you really think you have that much to lose? my remaining target is about 41 lbs and i look like crap compared to you. Am i wrong or should i be reconsidering my goals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Chris.

    Well 41 lb is the fat mass that my fat monitor scales say I have, and it would be very unrealistic to say that it will all go! I'm not certain about the accuracy as the Tanita monitor at my gym says it is more like 30 lb.

    In any event, I am aiming to lose about 1.5 to 2 lb fat per week over the remaining 9 weeks. I am then looking at putting on a bit of muscle.

    I might get either Vince Delmonte's or Jay Ferrugia's programs after the 12 week transformation contest.

    I would suggest keep your own goal in mind, it sounds realistic, and I think you will surprise yourself with what you will actually achieve.

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, if you've got it to lose i am sure you'll get that target of 14-18 lb. You'll most likely gains some muscle too in the process. Good luck with the 12 weeks, how far in to it are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using TT for 9 weeks now, 3 weeks into the Transformation contest.

    what about you?

    ReplyDelete