Monday 11 May 2009

A pleasing start to the day.

I'd started the day with the best intentions of getting to the gym for 6:30 this morning, but I was a little later going to bed last night than I had originally planned, but not to worry, this morning has been pretty good.

The first thing I did was weigh myself. I have gone down from 78.5kg/173lb to 76.9kg/169lb in a week. Even better my bodyfat %age decreased from 23.9% to 23.1% as result of a .9kg/2lb fat loss. Wow I'm really pleased with this result. I was a bit concerned about last Wednesday's wine consumption, but it does show how focusing that little bit harder on your nutrition can make a difference.

My workout went ok today, although I had a bit of a problem with the DB lunges. My technique wasnt the best its been and I felt that my ankle ligaments in my left side were hurting a bit. I tried 22kg DBs as I had done the exercise at that level before, but next week I think I am going to drop down to 16kg and concentrate on technique. However, I have set a new personal best for decline close grip push-ups at 20 reps. Really pleased with that!

This also showed when I went on the treadmill. I didnt even complete the warm up 3 minutes so I felt it was safer to use the cross trainer. That was much more comfy for my ankles, and I completed the interval training set at levels 15 easy/17 hard as last week. It was still very tough.

I have definitely found a missing piece of the puzzle with intermittent fasting. I would never have even entertained considering it had I not read the advice of many of the fitness writers whose newsletters I subscribe to. However, I just new that there was something missing, and something more than just cutting down on alcohol. Brad Pilon's Eat Stop Eat book gave me the courage to experiment with fasting, and it is defintely (well for me anyway,) a worthy purchase.

I'm going to close this little snippet by saying I will do my best to stay focused on what I want to achieve. Another 2lb fat loss this time next week will be very pleasing.

Stay focused and workout & eat SMART.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment