Monday 4 May 2009

The Hard Work & Discipline Starts Today


It's official. I have entered the 5th Turbulence Training Transformation Contest!

I first came across Turbulence Training in February when I started looking at affiliate marketing for digital products specializing in Fat Loss. After reading a couple of sample workouts and Craig Ballantyne's reports and comparing them to other programs such as Vince Del Monte's Your Six Pack Quest and Mike Geary's Truth About Six Pack Abs, I had no hesitation in realising that it was a great program, and most likely the correct one for me to follow.

I finally downloaded the Deluxe program in late March, now actually 6 weeks ago. I am already a pretty fit person as I usually go to my gym at least 3 times a week and have done aerobics and circuit training classes for the best part of a year now. I was actually amazed at how effective and intense the workouts are, in particular the interval training, which replaces "long, boring, steady paced and low intensity cardio" workouts.

However, although I have found the workouts really enjoyable, there has been one area where I haven't been as dedicated as I could have been and that is in my diet, and one thing in particular, beer and wine. That said, in the last few days I have not really felt the need to consume it to excess. This contest is enough to provide me with extra incentive and motivation to succeed in my mission to banish my belly, and I have surrounded myself with affirmations to keep away from the bad habits that challenge my willpower and determination.

My entry photo (which is also my current profile on this blog) is above. I intend changing it so we can all see my progress.

Over the next 12 weeks I will be discussing my workouts, my progress, some hints and tips, on both the exercises and diet/nutrition. Nutrition is the primary factor in any fat loss program whereas exercise stimulates the metabolism to burn fat 24/7.

You will see in my sidebar that I have already detailed my starting vital statistics as at today's date.

I have set some goals for the next 4 weeks:

1. To lose at least 2kg (1lb per week) minimum over these next 4 weeks.
2. To drink just one bottle of wine on a Saturday night only.
3. To improve my upper body strength, in particular, my grip and power in my right shoulder which was weakened following injury by using a cable machine
4. Increase the weight on my dumbbell exercises by 2kg each week, and if appropriate by 5kg per week for barbell exercises.
5. Up the intensity of the "hard" part of the interval training elements every 2 weeks.

Here is the currently intended plan of routines for the next 12 weeks of the contest:

Weeks 1 to 4: TT 2k8
Weeks 5 to 8: TT 2k9
Weeks 9 to 12: Either TT Hardcore Fat Loss or TT AAA Abs (still to be decided).

For now, I am not going to bore you with the exact detail of what I did, but today's schedule was workout A from TT 2k8 and a 20 minute interval session on the Cross Traineer (Easy intervals at level 15/25, Hard intervals at 17/25). The interval ratio was 60 seconds hard to 120 s easy. I will tell you I was dripping by the time I had finished, and I was also very, very tired.

Please support me by following my blog, passing comments of support and congratulations, and the occasional ass kicking if I drift too far from what I want to achieve. It means so much to me.

Neil

1 comment:

  1. It seems you have a good plan there. You'll succeed if you stick to it. I'll be watching! :)

    ReplyDelete