Saturday 9 May 2009

Weeks review of TT 2k8

Thought I'd do a quick post today.

I've completed the weeks workout and have a few thoughs on the workouts.

I enjoyed monday's workout A with the forward lunges and incline presses for superset 1, rows and leg curls on the ball for s/s 2, although I wasn't sure on my technique for the deep step up so i will have another look at the exercise description before monday though.

I used the cross trainer for the intervals on levels 15 for easy and 17 for hard. It was ok but quite tiring.

Wednesday's workout was quite tricky. My inverted rows definitely need to improve and doing them with my feet on a ball made it tricky to say the least. that said I have tried my best to get my chest as close to the bar as possible. I absolutely loved the swing intervals. These are intended for kettlebells but our gym doesn't have them. So I used a 10kg dumbbell for the warm up and first round and then 12kg for the remaining 4.

Yesterday's workout C meant having to do some unfamiliar exercises so I was quite conservative with the dumbbell flys. I am sure I can increase that next week. I decided to break my comfort zone and move to the treadmill for intervals which were 30s hard with 90s rest. I had to experiment with this and eventually I have settled for 16kph hard and 11kph for the rest periods. I expect those speeds will increase next week.

Nutrition wise, I am still finding it difficult to stick to the eating plan that is on the hardcore fat loss program on TTmembers.com. That said, I took 2 24hour fasts (Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday). I am confident that this will help me with the calorie count.

I'm going to be taking a rest tomorrow but I will be doing a workout that I have worked out for myself. Details of that will be posted on my general fitness blog.

I am going to move all intervals on TT programs to the treadmill from now on. I still feel personally that using the cross trainer is better for me but then again, I am going to stick to the plans and Craig's advice.

Will post the weigh in results on Monday.

Til then

Keep working hard folks

Neil

1 comment:

  1. Good job Neil!

    I was getting worried that you wouldn't post again. Good to see that you are sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete